The MyGolf Sporting Schools program aims to introduce children to the game of golf through fun, engaging and challenging activities that are easily adapted for a range of age groups and skill levels.
The preferred MyGolf Sporting Schools Program model is a 4 session in school program with an optional 5th session at a local golf club/facility. This structure can be flexible depending on the type of program schools would like to deliver. We can look to cater a program to your needs if the preferred structure does not suit.
The program can be delivered by accredited PGA of Australia Golf Professionals, Community Golf Instructors or a teacher from within the school. Golf Australia and the PGA offer an online training module specifically for teachers or coaches delivering golf in schools. To complete this training please head to www.communitygolfinstructor.com.au this is not complusorly for teachers, however all Community Instructors must be accredited.
Prior to commencing coaching coaches must register through their state contact and provide evidence of a current Working With Children Check and valid Community Golf Instructor accreditation.
What Schools Receive:
• MyGolf School Golf Kit (10 x 7-Irons, 10 x Putters, 50 x PVC golf balls, 10 x hitting mats, 10 x Putting targets)
• Golf Australia endorsed/accredtited coach
• Access to interactive coaching resources manuals and app
• Access to online teacher training
• Transport to local golf club/facility (when applicable)
Suggested MyGolf Sporting School Program Structure:
MyGolf Schools Funding Model
The below funding model shows the breakdown of the costs that school will incur when delivering the MyGolf Sporting Schools program. The model is designed to allow schools to select the elements that they will require to run the program.
Please Note - This is just a guide, schools can select what elements of the model they wish to include for their program
Roles and Responsibilities for the MyGolf Sporting Schools Program
• Engage a minimum of 10 and max of 30 per students per lesson
• Deliver a minimum of 4 sessions for 45-60mins
• Order MyGolf School kits prior to program commencing
• Have the kit and other sports equipment on hand for coach to use during all sessions
• Provide active supervision to assist coaches in all sessions
• Receive and pay invoices - Coach (deliverer fee) State/Territory Association or Junior Foundation (admin fee)
• Work with SSA/Local Club or Facility to arrange week 5 club visit (when required)
• Hold current Community Golf Instructor or PGA Member accreditation and Working With Children Check /Police Check/Blue Card
• Deliver a fun, safe and engaging MyGolf Sporting Schools program by following the resources provided
• Report any issues with the program directly to State/Territory Association or Junior Foundation representative
• Invoice the school directly at the completion of the program
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To assist schools with gaining a better understanding of the MyGolf Sporting Schools program offering we have put together the answers to a number of FAQs that we have received regarding the program. Please CLICK HERE